Because Dino-Mite is an (all-natural) mineral soil supplement, we get a lot of questions from customer's who aren't sure how much Dino-Mite Plant Food to use on their plants. Once you see how easy it is, you'll never want to go back to mixing messy chemicals again!
Here are some answers to common questions...
WHEN? Anytime! Being an all-natural soil supplement, Dino-Mite plant food can be added to your existing soil once every few months if you feel that your soil is lacking in nutrients.
HOW MUCH? For individual seedlings and starts, apply (till) in about 1 to 2 tablespoons Dino-Mite to your soil at root level and around top of soil if desired and water as usual.
GARDENS, TREES, SHRUBS, ETC. Use the "Rule of 3’s"!
• 1/3 your soil...
• 1/3 Dino-Mite Plant Food mineral supplement....
• 1/3 topsoil or mulch and/or organic matter (compost, leaves, grass-clippings, etc).
What is the approximate outdoor coverage of Dino-Mite?
• Coverage (1 lb. = 10 sq. feet of coverage)...
• ie: 2 lb. tub container covers 20 sq. feet.
• ie: 8 LB [1 gal]. covers up to 100 sq. feet.
• ie: 30 LB [3.5 gal.] container covers up to 300 sq. feet.
Can be used more liberally if needed, it’s all-natural! Once your soil is balanced, just a skiff will do every so often to replace those lost minerals & trace-elements!
LAWNS - Reduce amount for lawns to about a third, e.g., 3.5 gal. (30 lbs.) will now cover up to 1000 sq. ft.
For more in depth info, see How to Create the Perfect Soil.
"After All, We're Just A Sophisticated Piece Of Dirt,
So how important is eating from good soil to you?"™